In honour of the Chinese president's visit to Dubai, we’ve rounded up a list of things you possibly didn’t know about China.
1. In 2010, a 2,400-year-old pot of soup was discovered in China’s Xi’an
2. The mortar used to bind the stones of China’s Great Wall was actually made with sticky rice!
3. Chinese white dolphins can actually be pink!
4. Pandas can swim
5. This is how you use chopsticks the right way
6. And, twenty million trees are cut every year to make chopsticks
7. In China, a one-bedroom cave without plumbing costs about Dhs 110 a month. Over 30 million people live in caves.
8. Fortune cookies are actually not Chinese. They were invented in San Francisco in the early 1900s
9. Toilet paper was invented in China, but, only the emperor was actually allowed to use it
10. The Chinese wear white (instead of black) to represent a period of mourning
Image credit: Gentleman's Gazette