If your resolution for the New Year is to stop making a pit stop to grab breakfast, this easy recipe is the perfect go-to for a quick and filling breakfast.
Made by Chef Sagar Kumar, Executive Chef at VIBE Cafe, the easy recipe is simple to whip up, especially when you have people over and is a very delicious meal to enjoy.
As Veganuary is celebrated in the month of January, do not wait till you can visit your favourite restaurant to enjoy delicious vegan dishes, and enjoy making this recipe for a breakfast that is sure to become a staple in your diet quickly.
430g of canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 medium cooked beetroots, cut into quarters
2 cloves garlic
zest and juice from 1 medium lemon
2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 sliced avocado
crushed chilli and mixed seeds
slice of sourdough
- To make the beetroot hummus, add the beetroot, chickpeas and garlic into a food processor and process for 1 minute until ground.
- Add the salt, cumin, olive oil, and lemon juice and process until it has a grainy texture - the salt, cumin, olive oil, and lemon juice can be adjusted based on the preference for seasoning.
- Spread the beetroot hummus on sourdough toast or any other bread of choice.
- Top it off with sliced avocados.
- Add crushed chilli, mixed seeds, and molasses to garnish.
Chef Sagar Kumar