As summer eases its way into the region, Soneva Fushi's Chef Sobah shares his delicious island recipes guaranteed to fill your home with tropical aromas and flavours.
Recipe for Garudiya, a traditional Maldivian soup
Ingredients for four:
- 500g of tuna or any seafood
- 6 to 8 shallots or onions, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, julienned
- 6 to 9 curry leaves, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 Pandan leaves, cut lengthwise
- 1 green chili, cut lengthwise
- 1 dry red chili, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- ½ a teaspoon of black pepper
- 1000ml of fish or vegetable stock
- Cook all ingredients together except the fish or seafood.
- Cook for 15 minutes on a high heat.
- Add the fish or seafood and cook for a few minutes.
- Add black pepper, lemon juice and top with the tomato.