Skincare is a vital part of overall health care especially in a country like the UAE where the temperatures in the summers can get very hot, while the winters get cold and windy. This results in the skin having to face a lot of changes in heat, humidity, and temperature. A lot of people tend to avoid taking preventive measures for their skin, until the time that it starts to have an adverse effect on their aesthetics. Another factor that impacts the skin negatively is the advent of age. A lot of the aesthetic skin problems that people face tend to occur due to the effects of aging. The good news is that there are a handful of interventional skin care procedures that can reverse the effect that aging has on the skin. Some of the most important, and effective such procedures are:
• Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP): In this procedure, blood is drawn from a person and is infused with concentrated platelet rich plasma protein, derived from whole blood cells. PRP is performed with the goal of rejuvenating the skin, improving the overall tone and texture of the skin, tighten the skin and reducing the appearance of pores. It is more beneficial than other forms of fillers because this technique uses a person’s blood to promote their own collagen to grow once the mixture is injected into the skin, thereby enhancing the skin naturally.
• Peeling: Is a procedure that uses safe chemicals in order to remove the top layer of the skin. This technique is used to treat wrinkles and scars, particularly on the face. There are three degrees of peeling, and each has their own benefits. These are:
- Superficial peeling: Causes exfoliation of the outer layer of the skin called the epidermis. This type of peeling helps improve sun-damaged skin and treat fine wrinkles, acne, and dry skin.
- Medium peeling: Causes exfoliation of the epidermis and the upper part of the middle layer of the skin called dermis. This method helps treat acne scars, uneven skin tone, and wrinkles.
- Deep peeling: Causes exfoliation of the epidermis and upper and mid part of the dermis. This type of peeling is usually recommended in case of any kind of precancerous growth or scars.
• Face threads: Are non-surgical procedures for pulling the skin back and lifting and tightening the face. There a number of different types of thread lifts, and with this procedure the recovery time is significantly reduced.
Dr. Amany A. Morshed
MBBS, Masters in Dermatology and Venereology
Specialist Cosmetic Dermatologist at Aster Clinic, Arabian Ranches and Aster Beauty Clinic, Al Warqa
Address: Aster Clinic: Arabian Ranches, The Ranches Souk, 1st Floor Emaar Mall - Dubai | Aster Beauty Clinic: Al Warqa - Dubai