Dubai Health Authority (DHA) in partnership with Dubai Police has announced that residents with specific medical conditions can apply for a permit that exempts them from wearing a face mask.
applications will need to be made through the website www.dxbpermit.ae, where various information needs to completed including the a medical report related to the criteria specified for the permit application.
Each request will be medically audited by the DHA's General Medical Committee and a response given within 5 working days.
Conditions that are eligible for exemption include:
- Sufferers of fungal dermatitis, especially if they have severe symptoms in the face like bleeding, itching and scaly skin.
- Those individuals who are allergic to any component of a mask (allergic dermatitis, contact dermatitis, contact urticaria).
- Those individuals with severe herpes simplex infection that affects the mouth, nose or face.
- Those individuals with acute and uncontrolled chronic Sinusitis.
- Patients with uncontrolled asthma.
- People of Determination who have mental and psychological conditions.