Restrictions Eased In Dubai To Allow More Movement

The Supreme Committee for Crisis and Disaster Management has announced that people in Dubai can move without a permit between 6am and 10pm from Friday 24 April. 

The decision to partially ease movement restrictions has been made after the careful evaluation of the outcome of the preventive measures in place over the last 3 weeks, since the National Disinfection Programme was in operation 24 hours each day.

The announcement, made through Dubai Media Office, stated that the easing of restrictions included allowing a partial reopening of malls and shops, which can open daily from 12 noon to 10pm. Also, public transport, including the Dubai Metro, will resume on Sunday 26 April. For offices no more than 30% of employees are allowed if necessary and remote work for the remaining 70%. Masks should still be worn at all times when outside of the home, with a fine of Dhs 1,000 for those seen without one.

Restrictions will still be in place between 10pm and 6am each day, where residents are permitted to leave the home for medical emergencies only.

Share this page!
COMMENTS
FEATURED