Imagine coming home after a long day at work and all you want is to relax but the TV remote control is nowhere to be found. An evening, after the kids had fallen asleep, to have a relaxing shower and read a book, except, you cannot find your book and the bathroom has piles of dirty laundry scattered. We spend one year of our lives looking for lost items, according to The National Association of Professional Organisers. Surely, a waste of time.
Living in a not-so-organised home is not only unpleasant but isn’t conducive to relaxation or peace of mind. In order to overcome the clutter, old habits must be replaced with new ones. www.helpling.ae, the global platform for booking cleaning services online, pinpoints the main habits to ensure a mess-free, stress-free life.
1. Everything goes back to where it belongs: whether it is shoes, clothes, books or dishes, placing items back in their original place ensures avoiding pile ups and bundles of clutter to deal with.
2. Box it: Placing items in boxes or trays keeps everything tidy and compartmented. A special tray for all the remote controls means less frustration since you know where the remote control will always be. This method can be adapted to most items, from jewellery to shoes and even kitchen gear.
3. Live a paper-free life: Paper piles up and is unpleasant to deal with. It can easily end up as a mountain of mess in a corner. Since almost everything is available online, from menus to mail, there is no need for stacks of paper anymore. Contribute to the environment by living a paper-free life. Use cloud storage such as Drive or Dropbox for easy access to all your information and even photos.
4. Be a minimalist: Adapting to a minimalist lifestyle not only offers you space but clarity as well. Minimalism is a way to escape the excesses of the world around us, the excess of clutter and having too much. Minimalism simplifies your life and offers you more room and mental space.
5. Regular dusting: One of the main habits to sustain a clean home every day is to dust and vacuum regularly. With services such as Helpling.ae available, this should not be a difficult habit to follow.
You might also be interested in...