Are you worried about those dark circles under your eyes? Dark circles are natural when you face severe stress, lack of sleep, depression or headaches. They can age your appearance more than wrinkles or grey hair. However, you can minimise the appearance of dark circles and in some cases remove them completely.
Apply an eye cream containing vitamin K and retinol as dark circles could be caused by a vitamin K deficiency. Regardless of the cause, however, skin creams containing these two ingredients have been shown to reduce puffiness and discoloration significantly. Results have shown that long-term daily use seems to have the greatest effect.
The skin under the eyes is thin and not endowed with the oil glands like the rest of the body. Hence, it gets dry, wrinkly and results in dark circles under the eyes. Regular use of eye cream will also help the skin round your eyes soften and smoothen, and give them a healthier and younger look. Eye cream that contains Yarrow root can also be benficial, as Yarrow root penetrates deeply to alleviate the dark eye circles and it also enhances the blood circulation around the eyes.
The main causes of dark circles are:
1. Heredity. Dark circles can be heredity. People with itchy skin conditions and who are prone to allergies are highly susceptible of dark circles due to inflammation and a lot of eye rubbing.
2. Lack of sleep. Those who suffer from insomnia are prone to dark circles.
3. Medication. Dark eye circles can also be caused due to the intake of drugs that cause the blood vessels to dilate.
4. Sun exposure. Increased exposure of the skin to the sun causes hyper-pigmentation.
5. Hormonal changes. During pregnancy and menstruation, the skin undergoes changes causing dark circles around the eyes.